NOTE: Please note that the Extended Battery Pack is meant to be a supplement to the Cellink NEO Battery pack. It will not work as a standalone product.
With dash cams becoming more common, it’s much more apparent that we need a new way to power these cameras. If you leave your car parked for long durations and want even more protection from hit and runs, the Cellink NEO Extended Battery Pack is perfect for you!
The Cellink NEO is the latest in dash cam battery packs with an integrated smartphone app that lets you quickly see the battery percentage as well as power draw. Even so, some may feel they need more power, which is where the Extended Battery Pack comes in. This unit acts as an expansion pack, providing more run time to dash cam's from a full charge of both the NEO and the Extended Battery. With a single Extended Battery added to a Cellink NEO unit, the system is able to power most single channel dash cams for 56 hours (up to 50 hours for the DR900S-1CH) of parking mode recording, while 2-channel dash cams can expect around 40 hours (up to 30 hours for the DR900S-2CH) of parking mode recording. Multiple Extended Battery Packs can be chained together to create a system that can last for as long as you desire! Do note that every unit added on means that much more time will be needed to reach a full charge
With an integrated smartphone app and through a Bluetooth connection with your smartphone, quickly see the battery percentage as well as power draw. There’s no need to look at the battery once it’s installed making it effortless to use. This app is available on both the iOS App Store as well as the Google Play Store.
You can also take the battery home to charge from a regular power outlet using our power inverter
A Fully charged NEO (no Extended Battery) can run a 1 channel camera for about 45 hours (up to 25 hours for the DR900S-1CH) while a dual channel system will last about 25 hours (up to 15 hours for the DR900S-1CH). However this is continuous run time, and some cameras such as BlackSys and Thinkware dash cams have dedicated parking mode systems where it can run much longer than that.
We have tested out and in an optimal situation the main NEO battery was able to power a Thinkware F100 2 channel camera in a vehicle for 2 days before discharging while in parking mode.
Having one Extended Battery Pack attached can double these numbers. The Cellink NEO Extended Battery Pack differs from the base system by having a boosted, integrated 84.5 Wh capacity which explains why adding it on will more than double the overall performance.
Videos & Reviews
Check out our review of the Cellink NEO! Also check out our comparison between the Cellink NEO and the Cellink B. We've also written a comprehensive english manual for the Cellink NEO's smartphone app (PDF). If you have additional questions, please feel free to email us.
Review: Cellink NEO
Comparison: NEO vs B
Cellink NEO Unboxing
Input Cables Explained
- Cellink Hardwire Kit - Allows the Cellink to charge at a higher rate of 9 Amps so it’s able to charge the battery in 45 minutes to full
- Cellink 12V Cigarette plug - Easier for install however charges the unit with lower current of 5 Amps extended the charging time to 1hr and 20 minutes
Output Cables Explained
- Female Cigarette Socket Output: This should be used for BlackVue dash cams and other cameras that switch into parking mode using the G-sensor. These are cameras that switch into parking mode after your vehicle is parked for a few minutes. The BlackSys dash cams can also work with this output method if the "use external power" option is enabled.
- Spliced Hardwire Kit Output Harness: This kit is designed to work with the BlackSys and Thinkware dash cams. The hardwire kit is pre-spliced by one of our technicians so that it will switch into parking mode based on the ignition. Thinkware dash cams will not switch into parking mode if the female cigarette socket is used. (*Note that the LG Innotek dash cams take a different 12V cable and will not work with this harness, email us if you want to order it with an LG hardwire kit)
- Unspliced Hardwire Kit: If you already have a three wire (B+, ACC, Ground) hardwire kit, you can splice it into the Cellink output yourself. This is a good option for the DIY-ers out there
We worked alongside EGEN to create a comprehensive english manual for the Cellink NEO's smartphone app. You can view it here! (PDF)
Battery Capacity 76.8 Wh (Cellink NEO Battery Pack) / 84.5 Wh (Cellink NEO Extended Battery Pack) Charging Time (1 Base + 1 Extended Battery) 60 min (9A Hardwire) | 1 hr 40 min (5A Cigarette Plug) Charging Voltage/Current 14.6V/5Ah Bluetooth Built-In + Free app (/) LED Built-In (Indicates Charge/Full) Speaker Built-In Dimensions 150mm x 170mm x 38mm Weight 2.6Kg Operating Temperature -10 ~ 65°C (14 ~ 149°F) Country of Origin South Korea Warranty 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
We make sure you’re covered from every angle so you'll be happy with your purchase. Here is what we do for you:
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Buy it & try it! If you're not happy with your dash cam, we can help.Lowest Price Match!
Price match with us if you find a lower price online or in retail.Hassle-Free Support
Get professional help from our in-house specialists for your dash cam even after 2 years after purchase.In-House Support
We won't ask you to contact manufacturers or distributors, unlike major retailers like Best Buy.