- First, download the FineVu app from Google Play or App Store.
- Open the FineVu app and click the “Connect Dash Cam” button on the home screen. This should send you over to the settings of your phone to find the camera’s wifi connection. If the application asks to connect to an LCD or non-LCD model, press non-LCD.
- Next, press the Wi-Fi button on your FineVu dash cam to activate the Wi-Fi connection.
- Next, activate the Wi-Fi on your mobile device.
- Once your Wi-Fi is toggled on, connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network: ‘FineVu_[model name]_[Serial number]’ connection. The default password is 12345678.
- Now, relaunch the FineVu app. If you see the Live View of your FineVu dash cam on your mobile screen, that means it’s connected!
On the main screen of your FineVu app, you will also see the Event Summary function. This is essentially a summary of all the recordings captured during a driving period.
The event summary provides plenty of useful information, which can’t easily be gleaned from looking over individual files and recordings. Including a detailed map and length of different trips, average speed, and key highlights and events over the drive.
Once you’ve connected to your camera the first time, the hard part is done! Now your phone is fully paired to this specific FineVu unit, and simply pressing the camera connection button will have your phone automatically search out and connect to the camera’s wifi network, creating a seamless and instant connection, given the camera’s Wi-Fi is turned on.
Note: Please ensure that the FineVu application is given the necessary permissions for proper use, including connecting to devices on the local network, location services, access to photos, and cellular data.