Please note that this model will be $10 less than other retailers as it's the non-eMMC version (does not come with the 16GB flash storage), exclusively available at BlackboxMyCar.
VIOFO A129 Plus 2K QHD 1-Channel Dash Cam with GPS
10% OFF Flash Sale - Use Code: 10YEARS
BlackboxMyCar-exclusive non-eMMC Version
Dash Camera Upgrade and Compatibility
The A129 Plus Duo front camera is not compatible with the rear camera and connecting cables of previous VIOFO models.
VIOFO A129 Plus 2K QHD Dash Cam with GPS
The Best Budget-Friendly 2K QHD of 2020. Keeping the same chipset as the well-reviewed A119 V3, but now with a mobile app viewer and the freedom to add on a rear camera. Excellent 2K QHD 1440p recording daytime and night thanks to a 5MP Sony STARVIS image sensor. Built-in dual-band WiFi support allows you to get real-time video preview, playback and download download footage right from your smartphone.
Bundle Up & Save
Our BlackboxMyCar Signature Bundles are curated to offer you and your drive the ultimate protection. The BlackboxMyCar VIOFO A129 Plus Duo Signature Bundle comes with the VIOFO A129 Plus Front and Rear cameras + essential accessories: BlackboxMyCar PowerCell 8 Battery Pack, backup microSD card, and installation kit.
Clear Vibrant Colours with Rich Details
Equipped with a 5MP Sony STARVIS image sensor, the A129 Plus delivers clear vibrant colours in 2K QHD @60FPS - you get sharper, higher quality video with key details in all lighting situations. 140-degree viewing angle offers wide shooting coverage with minimal edge-to-edge distortion.
QHD+ at 30FPS is available in the latest production and firmware release. Update your A129 Plus Duo firmware to unlock all available recording options.
Keeps Watch When You're Away
With motion and impact detection parking mode, the A129 Plus protects your car, recording videos when it detects movement or impact, even when you're not there.
You will need a 3-wire Hardwiring cable or an external battery pack (such as the Cellink NEO Battery Pack) to enable this feature.
VIOFO 3-Wire ACC Hardwiring Kit sold separately.
Buffered Parking Mode not supported on the VIOFO A129 Plus.
Add Speed and Location Data to Your Videos
This A129 Plus comes with the external GPS module. With the GPS, you can record your speed and route data in your video footage files. The GPS will also synchronize the A129 Plus' clock with the GPS time so that your video files can be correctly time-stamped.
Did you know that your footage with speed and location information can be used a defense if you believe you received the ticket in error.
Full Control at Your Fingertips
Say goodbye to taking the memory card in and out of the dash cam every time you want to review a footage clip. The A129 Pro's built-in Dual-Band Wi-Fi to let you connect with the VIOFO App to control dash cam settings and access footage clips on the spot. Full control at your fingertips.
Alternatively, you can use the 2.0" HD screen with user-friendly buttons allow for easy setup and playback of videos, or plug the microSD card into your computer and use a desktop viewer to manage your footage.
Videos & Reviews
- Front Camera
- 12V Power Cable
- Mini USB Cable
- GPS Logger
- USB Adapter
- Cable Clips
- Adhesive Mount Stickers
- Trim Removal Tool
- User Manual
- 1-Year Warranty
2K QHD @ 60FPS | 2K QHD @ 30FPS | 2K QHD+ @ 60/30FPS
Maximum Frame Rate
2K QHD @ 60 FPS
External Module (included)
-20°C - 65°C (-4°F - 149°F)
Maximum SD Card
2" LCD screen
H.265 / H.264 / .MP4
Country of Origin
1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
See helpful VIOFO A129 Plus questions and answers on our FAQ Knowledge Base.
As a first time dash cam user, extensive searching was done for a budget, value rated, quality dash cam. I found myself lost in a maze and then found Black Box My Car (BBMC) videos on You Tube. Became attracted to the Viofo A129 Duo Plus features / pricing, then purchased based on collective features including the unusual windshield fitting contour. Upon receipt came unboxing, learning and practicing operational controls, then installation.
Quick recap of the experience:
1) Boxing/ packaging. Viofo outdid themselves on packaging. Impressive professional grade quality materials. A small item but certainly a preliminary confidence builder for a budget priced product.
2) Camera operation/ controls: The A129 has a lot of features that are accessible thru the menu set up. Once one learns menu access, up and down controls, selecting feature options is easy. Many of these features have multiple choices and some include an “off” option which allows limiting (if desired) certain recorded information. The purchase BBMC price included the GPS device which was not initially expected.
3) Ops manual; The Viofo provided ops manual is small with small text (font) size, best to print a larger format from the Viofo web site. Ops manual content is about 90% on target for me as a first time installer. Thus trial and error learning operations was expected. No big deal because that is where BLACK BOX MY CAR is outstanding. Access to real and knowledgeable people at customer service staff is quickest the best I’ve ever experienced from a internet supplier. Impressive to say the least.
4) The Hard Wire Kit (HWK). There were few questions with "Add a Fuse” connectivity and additive fuse values that were not covered with the installation page. BBMC service reps answered my questions technical with confidence, thus giving confidence to going forward with what appeared as conflicting information. Followed directions with successful results. ( Kudos to the CS Staff !)
5) Viofo App: This took patience on my part due wifi connectivity and dealing with procedural issues (i.e. not one of my strong skill sets) . App usage now is properly established and working fine.
Summary: As of 05.04.22, the A129 Duo Plus is fully operational, road tested with videos downloaded and saved to my computer and or phone. Video quality is proven to be very good to excellent and better than expected. I am at this point pleased with the product price point, quality of the components and video. Thus, I can rate Viofo A129 Duo Plus with a 5 star rating and recommendation. Best regards to all.
never had a dash camera, but I really like this one. I feel safer have one
I'm totally new to dash cams and I'm very happy with the results of this one so far. I know this is very specific, but if you uave a new Ford Bronco Sport and get this dash cam, do yourself a favor and go ahead a pick up an Add A Fuse adaptor for a micro 2 fuse. With this, I was able to hardwire this dashcam under my glove box instead of going through my engine bay. I don't know if this is the case with other cars, but it definitely was a good investment for me. Blackboxmycar also has a ton of videos about this camera and how to best set it up.