This is the Infrared camera from Thinkware designed for the Thinkware F770, Thinkware X550, and Thinkware F750 dash cams. It is an ideal solution for interior recording for rideshare drivers and other applications, as it can pick up details like faces even in the dark with no external lighting. As this is designed to work with the flagship Thinkware cameras, it supports a Full HD 1080P resolution. This camera cannot be used to turn an existing Thinkware 2 Channel setup into a 3 Channel setup as the main front camera can only support one rear camera.
Please note that this requires an existing front camera to setup as the infrared camera does not have any recording capabilities on its own. Also note that no rear camera cable is included, you would need to order an additional cable or use the cable from an existing rear camera cable
- Optional Rear Camera and Cable for the Thinkware X550, the Thinkware F750 (straight tip) & the Thinkware F770 (right angle tip)
- This model does not work for the Thinkware F800
- *NOTE* The Rear camera needs to be mounted in a certain way, please check out this write up for more details.
- Connects using a durable USB cable (approximately 20 feet/6M long)
- Records at the same specs as the Non-IR Rear w/ Full HD video at 30FPS & a 140° lens
- Part Number: BCFH-150IR
VideosCheck out our review of the Thinkware F750, the Thinkware X550 & the Thinkware F770. If you have additional questions, please feel free to email us.
Thinkware IR Sample Video
Why Rideshare Drivers Need Dash Cams